NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
INVITATION TO BID
Roof Project & Painting/Plastering Project
OLD DEPOT MUSEUM, also known as the Ottawa Santa Fe Depot
Completed in 1888, the two-story limestone building with a prominent terne-metal roof served as a depot for the Southern Kansas and then AT&SF railroad lines until 1962, when the structure was donated to the Franklin County Historical Society. FCHS reopened the building as the Old Depot Museum in 1963.
Project #1: Repairing both the terne-metal roof and wooden platform roof to prevent future water damage.
Project #2: Repairing wooden components, plaster, and repainting to correct existing damage on the interior.
- Repair work to be in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation. Viewable at https://www.nps.gov/tps/standards//rehabilitation/rehab/stand.htm
- Certificates of insurance, performance, and materials payment bonds required as security for faithful performance and the payment of all bills and obligation arising from the contract.
- Storage and handling of all materials must be in a manner which prevents additional loss, deterioration and damage; storage area to be designated by project administrator.
- All work subject to review by the Kansas State historical Society throughout the duration of the project.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and statutory regulations required.
Sealed bids will be received by Diana Staresinic-Deane, Franklin County Historical Society, PO BOX 145, Ottawa, KS, 66067, or hand-delivered to 1124 West 7th Street Terrace, Ottawa, Kansas, until 5 p.m. on February 5, 2021, for the work noted above according to the accompanying scope of work approved by the Kansas State Historic Preservation Office. This structure is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. All work must comply with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation.
Sealed bids will be publicly opened at 7:00 pm. on Tuesday, February 9, 2021, during a Zoom board meeting. Parties interested in observing the opening bids should contact Diana Staresinic-Deane at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to watch the meeting.
All inquiries about this Invitation to Bid may be directed to Diana Staresinic-Deane, (785) 242-1250 or email@example.com. Bids will be received on a total bid price basis and shall include a sum to cover the cost of all items of the contract, including insurance, materials, and performance bonds.
Proposals received after the date and time indicated above for opening shall be considered late, and therefore shall not be considered for award. The Bid will be awarded on the basis of cost and performance; to the Bidder who, in the Owner’s judgment, is the lowest, most qualified, responsible and responsive Bidder. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if the Owner believes it would not be in the best interest of Owner to make an award to that Bidder. The successful Bidder must deliver to the Owner certificates of insurance, performance and materials payment bonds as security for faithful performance and the payment of all bills and obligations arising from the contract. The successful firm will be required to comply with all applicable laws and statutory regulations. No Bidder shall in any way, directly or indirectly, discriminate against any person because of age, race, color, handicap, sex, national origin or religious creed.
This project is partially supported by the Heritage Trust Fund grant program from the Kansas State Historical Society.