1859 Dietrich Cabin Tours
First Saturday in June, July, & August, 10 a.m. to Noon
Dietrich Cabin is reopening for tours!
Originally located southwest of present-day Princeton, Dietrich Cabin was built in 1859 by German immigrants Jacob and Catherine Dietrich, who came to Franklin County in 1857.
A century later, descendants of the family donated the cabin to the Franklin County Historical Society, and the cabin was moved to City Park. The cabin represents the story of the Dietrich family and hundreds of other early settlers who came to Franklin County.
Admission is free; donations are always appreciated. For more information, call (785) 242-1250 or e-mail Diana Staresinic-Deane.
Image: The stone fireplace in Dietrich Cabin, featuring the wedding photo of Jacob and Catherine Dietrich.